Community Programs Coordinator
Title: Community Programs Coordinator Date: February 3, 2017
Reports To: Education and Training Director
Department: Education Department
Exempt/Non-exempt/Hourly: Non-exempt Hourly Full-time
The Community Programs Coordinator (CPC) is the lead facilitator of our community outreach initiatives. This includes:
- facilitating programs and operations at the EcoCenter, our nature center in the Palo Alto Baylands;
- leading the organization’s strategic interest to engage Spanish-speaking communities in programs and opportunities that support the mission of the organization;
- managing our collaboration partnerships with the Ravenswood City School District, the Mountain View Whisman School District, schools in our Educate for Depth program, and our Field Trip Transportation Fund.
As a member of our education team, the Community Programs Coordinator is an important stakeholder in the successful implementation of department and organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitating EcoCenter programs and operations
- Provide staff support to EcoCenter docents.
- Be the EcoCenter onsite staff member on Saturdays.
- Assist the EcoCenter Programs Manager with planning and facilitation of EcoCenter programs.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Director and EcoCenter Programs Manager in promoting EcoCenter and outreach programs as needed.
2. Outreach to Spanish-speaking community
- Build and nurture partnerships with community organizations in the identified neighborhoods.
- Develop and participate in outreach programs in these neighborhoods – in Spanish when appropriate
3. Collaboration Project Management
- Manage our current collaboration partnerships ensuring annual program goals are met. This includes but is not limited to Mountain View Whisman Environmental Science Collaboration (MVWESC), Ravenswood City School District Collaboration Program (Project PINE), and Educate for Depth (E4D).
- Manage communications with collaboration programs partners utilizing the most effective means of communication for each group (including email, phone, and face-to-face meetings).
- Facilitate the transportation fund, including registration, invoicing, and tracking program metrics.
- Conduct or facilitate program evaluation so as to achieve program goals and metrics.
4. Education team member/supporting projects:
- Occasional projects that support teachers, schools, and volunteers and advance our organization’s education goals
- Provide programming support to non-education department programs, such as donor events.
- Provide information and statistics about EcoCenter and Community Programs to support grant applications and reports.
5. General staff responsibilities:
- At all times maintain commitment to, and active implementation of, the EV Mission, Values, & Vision
- Maintain knowledge of the organization’s Strategic Plan, refer to it as a guiding document, and participate in its implementation
- Actively participate in shared whole staff responsibilities
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:
1. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
Works collaboratively with all staff and volunteers. Ability to foster positive relationships with a variety of community stakeholders including but not limited to individuals, schools, faith-based, and community based organizations.
Title(s) of Job(s) Directly Supervised:
Position Requirements and Specifications
The ideal candidate will be:
- A highly organized, experienced project manager
- A 'people person' with strong communications skills and the ability to nurture a dynamic range of stakeholders
- A team player willing to role up sleeves and help the organization thrive
- Bachelors degree
- Computer literacy, comfort with Word and Excel, and willingness/ability to learn new computer programs
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Spanish
- Cultural competency, as it pertains to issues impacting Latino communities
- Reliable transportation to and from our offices, and community program sites
- Familiarity with the East Palo Alto community and the area served by the Ravenswood City School District
- Experience in environmental education and/or environmental science
Instructions to apply:
Electronic submissions only to: search@EVols.org
In the subject line, please reference your last name, followed by "Community Programs Coordinator”
No phone calls, please.
Please include a PDF of your cover letter and resume.
All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons are encouraged to apply.