The Environmental Volunteers is currently undergoing a major curriculum review project. Part of this project includes conducting an evaluation of our volunteers both before and after training on the new curriculum. This paid internship will involve conducting observations in classrooms around Santa Clara County and southern San Mateo County and preparing a preliminary analysis and report of the results. The evaluation will take place during the spring semester 2016.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct an evaluation of the Environmental Volunteers revised curriculum
- Receive training on how to use the evaluation tool. (Scheduled for January 7th, 2016)
- Conduct a minimum of 30 pre-observations and 30 post-observations – more observations are preferred. 3-4 observations can be done in one 90-minute program.
- Conduct a preliminary analysis of the data as directed by the evaluation designers.
- Prepare a report of the findings.
Position Requirements and Specifications
The ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience with evaluation or research
- Knowledge of teaching practices and/or environmental education
- Ability to travel to schools where programs are taking place.
- Independent worker
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong general computer skills and ability to learn new software as needed
- Clear criminal background check and negative TB test
- Flexible schedule to be able to get to programs for observations
Electronic submissions only to: search@EVols.org
In the subject line, please reference your last name, followed by "Evaluation Intern”
No phone calls, please.
Please include a PDF of your cover letter and resume.
All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons are encouraged to apply.