Are you a high school student interested in environmental education? Are you passionate about nature but want to learn more about how to effectively share that passion with others? Do you like engaging with others, sharing knowledge, and promoting learning and stewardship? Then Environmental Volunteers has the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a small group of dedicated high school students to serve and learn together for a year.
- EcoCenter Docent: greet visitors and share about the local baylands as well as other hands-on science education
- Community and Outreach: help deliver public programs at the EcoCenter and in the community at tabling events, after school programs, and more!
- Projects: work with our Education Manager to maintain and create quality educational materials.
- Attend 3 scheduled meetings throughout the year.
- Volunteer at least 3 hours a week during the Summer and twice a month(~3 hours each shift) during the school year
- Volunteer for at least one full year, May 2021-May 2022
- Learn from environmental education professionals
- Experience a non-profit setting
- Meet like-minded friends
- Interact with a diverse public audience
- Practice public speaking and teaching
- Learn about the local environment
- Create your own volunteer schedule
How to Apply
Application will be available early 2021. Be the first to know when the application opens by completing this interest form.
The Teen Docent Program will begin May 2021.
Have more questions? Contact Molly Landrith, Volunteer Coordinator, at Molly@EVols.org or (650) 493-8000 ext 4