Are you a high school student interested in environmental education? Are you passionate about nature but want to learn more about how to effectively share that passion with others? Do you like engaging with others, sharing knowledge, and promoting learning and stewardship? Then Environmental Volunteers has the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a small group of dedicated high school students to serve and learn together for a year.
- EcoCenter Docent: greet visitors and share about the local baylands as well as other hands-on science education
- Community and Outreach: help deliver public programs at the EcoCenter and in the community at tabling events, after school programs, and more!
- Projects: work with our Education Manager to maintain and create quality educational materials.
*Please note: We are currently offering remote volunteer opportunities for our teen cohort. As long as it’s unsafe to meet in-person, we will offer these remote opportunities. We don’t know how long the pandemic will last so are still asking applicants to be live close to Palo Alto for in-person opportunities.
- Attend mandatory orientation/ training on May 29th.
- Attend optional meetings throughout the year for additional training and enrichment.
- Volunteer at least twice a month (~3 hours each shirt) with the option of volunteering more in the summer.
- Volunteer for at least one full year, May 2021-May 2022
- Learn from environmental education professionals
- Experience a non-profit setting
- Meet like-minded friends
- Interact with a diverse public audience
- Practice public speaking and teaching
- Learn about the local environment
- Create your own volunteer schedule
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
2. Email a letter of interest, not more than 600 words, describing your interest in environmental education and volunteering with the EV, personal strengths and attributes, and the extracurricular activities you are currently involved in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due March 30th, 2021. The Teen Docent Program will begin May 29th, 2021.
Have more questions? Contact our staff at email@example.com