Please refer to this page for the most current updates on which programs we currently offer.
On December 3rd, Santa Clara County along with other Bay Area Counties mandated a new Stay-at-Home order to combat rising COVID-19 cases. The order is effective until January 4th 2021, unless the County Health Officer modifies or extends it.
Due to this new order, the Environmental Volunteers must put all In-Person programs on hold until the Stay-at-Home order is lifted.
Note that this does not effect our virtual programs. The EV is dedicated to our mission of Nature Science Education and will continue to offer all virtual program options unless specifically stated.
What is the EV doing during COVID-19?
Since the first shelter-in-place order, the Environmental Volunteers have been working hard on modifying and redesigning our programs to ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- We offer many virtual program options for teachers, families, and community organizations. Please refer to our 2021 programs page.
- We offer asynchronous program options for teachers and families who want to do our activities and lessons themselves. Please refer to our asynchronous activities page.
- The In-Person programs we offer are now designed with the highest concern for safety in mind. Our In-Person programs are outside only, require face-masks to be worn by all involved, and are single-family to limit contact and allow for proper distancing. Please refer to our 2021 programs page to learn about our outdoor In-Person programs. Note: all In-Person programs are on hold until the county Stay-at-Home order is lifted.
- Our EcoCenter is closed to the public, but we are still committed to teaching visitors to the Baylands Nature Preserve about the wonders of the ecology there. Every Friday and first and third Saturday, from 10 am to 1 pm, you can find our volunteers outside at the duck pond with some of our displays, ready to teach you and answer your questions. Note: all In-Person programs are on hold until the county Stay-at-Home order is lifted.
- Our Sprout-Up program has an excellent range of videos for k-4 children titled Sprout-Up Explorers. Learn about nature from home, at any time! Check out Sprout-Up Explorers here.
- We are still welcoming new volunteers! You have the choice of volunteering virtually or in-person (or both), whatever you are comfortable with! Find out more here.