Please refer to this page for the most current updates on which programs we currently offer. Updated February 5th, 2021.
On January 25th, Santa Clara County lifted the Stay-at-Home order. The county has returned to purple tier and limited outdoor activities can resume.
The EV is resuming two of it’s outdoor activities – outdoor open hours and Nature walks! We will follow all county procedures, and our volunteers are instructed to wear face masks at all times, social distance, and are provided with hand sanitizer.
For open hour times and features, click here to learn more. Note: all exhibits will be outdoors and are dependent on weather conditions. Displays will be located at the Duck Pond, across from the EcoCenter.
For After-School Nature Walks, click here to learn more.
For nature walks during school hours (independent learning programs), click here to learn more.
We hope to see you on these fun, safe explorations of Nature!
What is the EV doing during COVID-19?
Since the first shelter-in-place order, the Environmental Volunteers have been working hard on modifying and redesigning our programs to ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- We offer many virtual program options for teachers, families, and community organizations. Please refer to our 2021 programs page.
- We offer asynchronous program options for teachers and families who want to do our activities and lessons themselves. Please refer to our asynchronous activities page.
- The In-Person programs we offer are now designed with the highest concern for safety in mind. Our In-Person programs are outside only, require face-masks to be worn by all involved, and are single-family to limit contact and allow for proper distancing. Please refer to our 2021 programs page to learn about our outdoor In-Person programs.
- Our EcoCenter is closed to the public, but we are still committed to teaching visitors to the Baylands Nature Preserve about the wonders of the ecology there. Every Friday and first and third Saturday, from 10 am to 1 pm, you can find our volunteers outside at the duck pond with some of our displays, ready to teach you and answer your questions.
- Our Sprout-Up program has an excellent range of videos for k-4 children titled Sprout-Up Explorers. Learn about nature from home, at any time! Check out Sprout-Up Explorers here.
- We are still welcoming new volunteers! You have the choice of volunteering virtually or in-person (or both), whatever you are comfortable with! Find out more here.