You Can Make A Big Difference This School Year!
Environmental Volunteers is half-way through our 47th school year of hands-on natural science education for local schools. With more than 400 programs scheduled, we have a great opportunity to deepen connections to the natural world through our Volunteers and Student Teaching Interns!
Because so many low-income schools on our waitlist, we launched a “Nature for Schools Challenge” to ensure that every school, regardless of their funds, has access to hands-on natural science education with Environmental Volunteers.
As mentioned in a recent Palo Alto Weekly article, several funders including Paul Simon, Jim and Becky Morgan, Ralph and Carol Eschenbach, and the Fairweather Foundation have teamed up to match gifts for this special initiative.
Thanks to their generous offer of matching funds, all contributions to the Nature for Schools Challenge will be doubled, dollar for dollar, up to $200,000 by December 31. We are happy to report that as of December 31 we have raised $205,364. We have raised the balance in order to achieve the full match! To support the Challenge, please make out a check to the EV:
Attn: Elliott Wright
2560 Embarcadero Road
Palo Alto, California 94303
Donors have gathered together to sponsor EV programs for one classroom, one grade level, or sponsor a whole school. You can also sponsor a Student Teaching Intern for one year. No matter what level or school you choose, your generous contribution can make a big difference because all gifts to the Nature for Schools Challenge will be matched.
Help us reach more than 52 schools, including:
- Gabriela Mistral Elementary, Mountain View
- Monta Loma Elementary, Mountain View
- Briarwood Elementary, Santa Clara
- McCollam Elementary, San Jose
- Sunnybrae Elementary, San Mateo
- Blackford Elementary, San Jose
- Bishop Elementary, Sunnyvale
- Franklin Elementary, San Jose
- Belle Haven Elementary, East Palo Alto
- Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School, East Palo Alto
- Los Robles Magnet Academy, East Palo Alto
- Costaño Elementary/49ers Academy, East Palo Alto
- Brentwood Academy, Menlo Park
- Willow Oaks Elementary, Menlo Park
- Cesar Chavez/Green Oaks Academy, East Palo Alto
Your contribution to the Nature for Schools Challenge will ensure that thousands of students will get a chance to put away the textbooks, stand up and stretch, and get outside to explore redwoods, tidepools, and oak woodlands.
Thank you for being a part of this exciting initiative. Every school year, our teachers, students, and volunteers benefit from the incredible impact of your support. Together, we are building the next generation of environmental stewards!
Thank You From Our Volunteers,
Teachers, and Students!