Sponsor an EV Nature and Science Discovery Program to help students bridge the gap!
Early science education sets the stage for lifelong learning, critical thinking, and future career paths.
80% of K-5th grade multiple-subject teachers in the Bay Area reported spending 60 minutes or less per week on science, with 16% of teachers spending no time at all on science.
Our EV programs provide 90-minute classroom science programs and 120-minute field trip programs that immerse students in age-appropriate, hands-on, discovery-based curriculum on a wide variety of topics. More funding means more science, and with California still below average on science proficiency standards, our programs are filling the gap!
What Your Donation Buys
- $125: Sponsor a nature field trip for 5 students
- $250: Sponsor a nature field trip for 10 students
- $500: Sponsor a nature field trip for 20 students
- $1,000: Train 10 volunteers to conduct scientific discovery programs
- $10,000: Sponsor all K-6 grades in an average school
- $50,000: Sponsor all grades in an entire school district
Your generous donation will:
- Make it possible for us to bring exhilarating natural science experiences to more than 10,000 school children each year
- Allow us to keep service fees affordable to our local schools by helping us to bridge the gap between income from fees and the actual costs of program delivery
- Enable us to help 400 school teachers meet state education standards each year by adding science enrichment programs to their curriculum
- Provide resources to recruit and train hundreds of dedicated community volunteer docents
- Help us bring community members together to educate young people and inspire a lifelong commitment to responsible environmental stewardship
Find out how you can support Environmental Volunteers as a member or by making a contribution towards supporting our programs, operations and activities.
Corporate & Foundation Support
The corporations, foundations, and local businesses who support Environmental Volunteers share our commitment to the community and to nature and science education. Learn how your organization can join us.
Environmental Volunteers has been working on this problem since 1972, delivering high-quality, affordable science and nature education programs to students, teachers, schools, and community members. With your help, we provide 10,000 K-6th grade students with high-quality, hands-on science education.